Thursday, June 17, 2010

Flight

I am happy to report that airplanes have exceeded my expectations. My phobia of flying is no longer! I like takeoffs, landings, and tubulence the best. I'm not so crazy about the gliding through the air part because it's like riding in the backseat of a car without being able to see the direction in which you are travelling.

The clouds are impossibly white--the wings of the plane seem like dirty and foreign objects out of place in the landscape of cotton-candy textured snow. With the plane ensconced in clouds, it's easy to imagine that we have drifted into some other world.
I found the airport to be a fascinating place--so many people, each with their own destinations.

I think I am a tad sleep-deprived. The trip has been a little bizarre thus far. I had a long conversation with an older woman, in which I explained my whole life story. She then concluded that I am an incoming college freshman. That was quite a disappointment, considering I have one more quarter to complete before I graduate. Although, maybe her evaluation of my age was consistent with my behavior...in a moment of panic I got stuck in my jacket on the plane and had to have it pulled off by some incredibly nice neighbors. I also drew a few odd looks for passionately and loudly discussing the particular qualities of Terrence Howard's eyes. And then I sat on some old gum and literally had to peel myself from the seat.

Oh, the joys of being me.

2 comments:

  1. suzanne misses katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! Great adventures huh? Who knew you were so clumsy? Who in the world is Terence Howard? And, by the way, turbulence usually is spelled with an "r" in it.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete