Friday, June 25, 2010

some little notes


href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiYWDWDxGIVfVbX7GdJ8esRc-mqc6_Eci4wPZoewHhkGdUBUiT83I7uFi1j_A4X64mc0DKMBqx-8TpIEELz5nmHiBhRsFaKj_UcJcLcS8FhkhA_9DyLAFlYOUpOjkRQIvOk78EHnVhNhh4/s1600/rome+7+005.JPG">


Sadly, the McDonalds empire has slowly begun to infiltrate Rome... I blame the tourists.



Me. And un caffe. Coffee is rich, strong, and I like it a lot. It took me awhile to diagram the Correct Procedure for taking coffee like a local.

1. Take a seat at the bar.
2. Italian greetings AND ordering in Italian.
3. Receive coffee.
4. Throw it back in 3 gulps (partly because I am always reminded that I am not to sip it and partly because 3 is a good number).
5. Feel eyes brighten and mind awaken.
6. Move towards the door and place money on the tray (do not directly hand it to the person. This is rude.)
7. Smile brightly at the server because they are now an integral part of your morning.
8. Signal your departure with the appropriate goodbyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment